WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF BUSINESS
“WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF BUSINESS”
THE PURPOSE OF THIS WORK TASK IS TO ENABLE YOU TO BE PREPARED TO MEET THE NEEDS OF TODAY ‘S ECONOMY.
Corporate America has evolved into a more technical market than ever before. Customers and co-workers are no longer located in the same building, address, town, or state. You must have certain skills to meet the requirements of today’s market.
At the end of this assignment, you will be better prepared to meet the demands of the economy of today.
After reading Chapter1, you should be able to respond to the questions below. You may also Click on “Course Documents;” locate the PowerPoint presentation on Chapter 1; view it to help respond to this assignment, if necessary. Review the Moodle videos as needed.
YOUR WORK TASK
1. Define skills.
1. Name the Communication Skills that employers are focused on when hiring new employees in this digital, diverse, and virtual economy of today.
2. What is the importance of Verbal and Nonverbal Communications in Corporate America? Give at least one example of each type of communication in each.
3. List the eight ways this course can help you build your Communication Skills.
4. As business professionals, you will be faced with issues such as Problem Solving,Critical Thinking, and Decision Making. List and explain the steps in using the following Problem Solving Techniques.
Scientific Method Name the five steps (Hint: Digital World)
Osborn-Parnes Creative Problem-Solving Process
5. Who are knowlege workers and how do they impact competition in the the work force?
6. Why do fewer layers of management mean greater communication challenges for frontlineworkers?
You are on your way to Learning about communicating in the Digital World!!
Read, Read, Read, and Study, Study, Study
*Remember, in this class you are the Executives working in Corporate America. I am the Owner of the business and you are my executives. Each Work Task is an opportunity for you to compete with your co-workers (classmates) to receive a raise or get a promotion.
Turn in your best work at all times