Week 9 Assignment
Please no plagiarism and make sure you are able to access all resource on your own before you bid. Main references come from Capuzzi, D., & Stauffer, M. D. (2012) and/or American Psychological Association (2010). You need to have scholarly support for any claim of fact or recommendation regarding treatment. APA format also requires headings. Use the prompt each week to guide your heading titles and organize the content of your initial post under the appropriate headings. Remember to use scholarly research from peer-reviewed articles that is current. I have also attached my discussion rubric so you can see how to make full points. Please follow the instructions to get full credit for the discussion. I need this completed by 07/27/19 at 7pm.
Assignment – Week 9
Application: Career Counseling with Diverse and Multicultural Clients
Culturally competent career counseling presupposes recognition and an understanding of diverse and multicultural client populations. Chapter 4 reflects the changing American workforce and the concerns of these dynamic groups all of which demand heightened sensitivity by career counseling professionals.
To prepare for this assignment:
· Review Chapter 4. Reflect on the information provided in Sidebar 4.6 and 4.7 on pp. 118-119. Compare the two as you think about the following questions:
- How does multicultural identity and career development affect career counseling goals and objectives?
- What specific factors or considerations related to racial/ethnic identity and other aspects of culture and identity seem to influence the individuals’ career development?
- What insights gained from Chapter 4 would be most critical to keep in mind when counseling clients who belong to minority groups?
The assignment: (2–3 pages)
Analyze the information on pp. 118-119 in Chapter 4.
· Career counselors are required to be responsive to the needs of diverse clients. Consider how diverse groups and career development affect career counseling goals and objectives.
· Explain the specific factors or considerations related to diverse groups and other aspects of culture and identity that seem to influence the individuals’ career development.
· You should also include strategies for advocating for diverse clients career and educational development. Utilizing the NCDA website resources identify specific variables career counselors should consider when exploring employment opportunities and career management in a global economy.
· Lastly, describe the insights gained from Chapter 4 that would be most critical to keep in mind when counseling clients who belong to diverse groups.
· Capuzzi, D., & Stauffer, M. D. (2012). Career counseling: Foundations, perspectives, and applications. (2nd ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson Education.
o Chapter 4, “Career Counseling Without Borders: Moving Beyond Traditional Career Practices of Helping”
· Video: Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2007). Vocational psychology and counseling: Career counseling and diversity. Baltimore: Author with Dr. Darrell Luzzo
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 17 minutes.
Accessible player –Downloads– Download Video w/CC Download Audio
· National Career Development Association. (2015). Internet sites for career planning. Retrieved from www.ncda.org/aws/NCDA/pt/sp/resources