Unit Outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
- Understand the important role that performance appraisal plays in managing human resources (HR) in healthcare organizations.
- See the connection of performance management function with other key HR functions of recruitment/selection, training/development, and compensation and rewards.
- Have an appreciation of the legal implications of performance appraisal.
- Describe the way succession planning is used in healthcare organizations.
Course Outcome assessed in this Assignment:
HA255-3: Illustrate compensation options within the healthcare industry.
- Please complete the Job Description in a Microsoft® Word® document.
- The Online Advertisement may be created in Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint®, Microsoft Publisher®, or as an Infographic.
- Quoting should be less than 10% of the entire paper. Paraphrasing is necessary.
- Students must cite and reference at least 2 credible sources from the Library or a credible industry source.
Imagine that you are an administrator for a large hospital. Recently, your hospital has had shortages of staff in several areas. You have been asked to develop a job description and create an effective online job posting advertisement for a position of your choice. The most needed positions are RNs, LPNs, and direct patient care staff. Other needed positions are in the areas of operations, security, information technology, and nutritional services. You have been given the task of developing a job description and creating an online job advertisement for any position from the areas provided above. Please follow the instructions below to complete this multi-part assignment.
Job Description: Create a complete Job Description for the position that you selected. The job description should give potential candidates a clear outline and realistic preview of the job. The Job Description must include the following sections:
- Job title
- Reporting relationships — direct and indirect
- Educational and professional certification requirements
- Thorough list of duties and responsibilities
- Committee responsibilities and relating responsibilities
- Desired behavioral characteristics
- Salary range
- Benefits and perks
Online Job Advertisement: Create a realistic online job posting for the position that you selected. The online job posting is the primary source for recruiting your selected position. You can create the advertisement in Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Publisher, or as an Infographic. Your Online Job Advertisement must include the following information:
- Job title
- Concise job overview
- Description of the employer
- Clear statement of necessary qualifications
- Compensation and benefits information
- Directions outlining how to apply
Job Description: The Job Description must comply with Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) requirements. Ensure that the Job Description refrains from using language that references or shows a preference for or against an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
Online Job Advertisement: The Online Job Advertisement must comply with Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) requirements. Ensure that the Online Job Advertisement refrains from using language that references or shows a preference for or against an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
Job Description: Incorporate current industry standards as it relates to the position. The Job Description should include information regarding performance relative to safety, quality, and care standards. The performance standards must align with current industry performance data for the position. Provide a reference page citing at least two benchmarking sources.
Online Job Advertisement: The Online Job Advertisement should include information regarding performance relative to safety, quality, and care standards.