There are many misconceptions regarding people who need human services assistance. This assignment will help you understand making tough financial choices.See the attached document for complete instructions and grading rubric.
Due Date: 11:59 pm EST Sunday of Unit 2
Points: 100 Overview:
There are many misconceptions regarding people who need human services assistance. This assignment will help you understand making tough financial choices.
Instructions: Take a few minutes to complete the Making Tough Choices Simulator and in at least 1 page completely answer the following questions, in your own words, in a way that shows an understanding of some of the factors that affect poverty:
1. After completing the poverty simulator, were you able to save any money by the end of the month? Be specific in describing where your monthly income went. How does this effect your impression of those who need human services?
2. Based on what you’ve read in the textbook what types of human services assistance might help someone in this situation? Make sure to reference the course textbook in your answer.
• Written work must be at least one page (not including title and APA reference pages; typed and double spaced with 12 pt. font) and APA style In-text citations.
• Use complete sentences with proper grammar and punctuation. • Clearly answer the questions in detail. Support your answer with material from the course textbook.
• Carefully edit and proofread your work before submitting it via the Safe Assign link.
Be sure to read the criteria by which your work will be evaluated before you write and again after you write.
Evaluation Rubric for Unit 2 Assignment CRITERIA Deficient Needs Improvement Proficient Exemplary (0-17 Points) (18-23 Points) (24-29 Points) (30 Points) Question 1: Response The answer to question 1 is missing or poorly presented. Question 1 is answered, but key details are missing. Question 1 is answered, but minor details are missing. Question 1 is clearly answered and fully presented, including all details. Question 2: Human Service Assistance The answer to question 2 is missing or poorly presented. Question 2 is answered, but key details are missing. Question 2 is answered, but minor details are missing. Question 2 is clearly answered and fully presented, including all details. (0-5 Points) (6-7 Points) (8-9 Points) (10 Points) Answers supported with the textbook Answers are not supported by textbook references. N/A N/A Answers fully supported by textbook references. (0-5 Points) (6-7 Points) (8-9 Points) (10 Points) Paper Length Less than 1 page. N/A 1 page. More than 1 page. Clear and Professional Writing Errors impede professional presentation; guidelines not followed. Significant errors that do not impede professional presentation. Few errors that do not impede professional presentation. Writing is clear, professional, and free from errors in grammar, punctuation, spelling and/or formatting. APA Format APA format not applied or paper lacks citations/ references. Significant errors in APA format or missing citations/ references. Few errors in APA format. APA compliant, and error free.