Topic And Research Design Presentation And Rationale
This interactive assignment will provide you with an opportunity to create a dynamic presentation of some of the materials you are creating for your Research Proposal. This type of presentation would be used in the professional world to request Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval, and potentially elicit funding, for your research.
In your presentation, summarize the main points and ideas for your Research Design.
The content of the presentation must include the following:
- A brief introduction
- Devise a specific research question related to the topic you chose in Week One.
- Explain the importance of the topic and research question.
- A brief literature review
- Evaluate published research studies on your topic found during your work on the Weeks One, Two, and Four assignments and identify two relevant published studies.
- A description of potential methods
- Based on what you have learned about research design options and requirements in this course, create an appropriate research approach and design to investigate your research question.
- Provide a rationale for your design choices.
- A discussion on ethical issues
- Apply ethical standards to the proposed research and identify potential ethical issues that would apply. Explain how you plan to address these issues.
- A conclusion
- Summarize the main points of the presentation and reiterate why the proposed research is important and why it should be carried out.