The United States created Medicaid—a publicly funded health care program—to assist people in obtaining health care services. Write a paper of 1,500–2,000 words that explores Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) and that addresses the following:
- What legislation introduced Medicaid, and what are the funding sources for the program?
- What are some of the changes, including CHIP, that have occurred to the Medicaid program since its inception?
- What are the demographics of the majority of people covered by Medicaid, and how many people in the United States are covered by Medicaid?
- Evaluate the changes that will occur to Medicaid with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- Assess social and cultural changes and their impact on developing new health policies to make Medicaid and CHIP more effective.
Note: Your paper should be formatted in APA style, and it should include 4 references, 2 of which are peer-reviewed sources from health care journals.