The U.S. healthcare system has been criticized for high-cost, inefficacy, and issues on quality. P4P is an approach used to provide incentives to physicians and health care provider organizations to achieve improved performance by increasing quality of care and reducing costs.
Write a three- to five-page double-spaced paper (excluding title and reference pages), addressing the following:
- Define the challenges in designing a Pay for Performance (P4P) program.
- Discuss the impacts of P4P on provider payment reform.
- Describe the health care providers’ reactions to Value-Based Purchasing Programs.
- Determine the benefits of P4P on patients.
The Pay for Performance (P4P)assignment
- Must be three to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in