Each state within the United States has its own unique judicial selection process within its own court system. Each state also has unique steps that can be taken to remove a judge from office for disciplinary reasons. In this assignment, you will detail your state’s (TEXAS) judicial selection and removal process.
Using the Internet to research the judicial selection process for different court systems from different states within the U.S. Court System.
Write a 3–4 page paper in which you:
- Discuss the judicial selection process of your state or another one of your choosing. Include, at a minimum, the qualifications, and steps that are taken in order to select judges for the different kinds of courts (Supreme Court, Courts of Appeals, Bankruptcy Appellate Panels, District Courts, Bankruptcy Courts, and Article I Courts) within your specific state.
- Next, identify the steps that the relevant persons/entities need to take in order to remove a judge from office for disciplinary reasons for each state.
- What impact do you think the qualifications of a judge, and the potential for disciplinary action, have on judicial decision-making?
- Provide three quality sources—the textbook may be used as one reference source.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.
You may choose to use the following additional resources to assist you in completing this assignment:
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Explain the function of the American court system in its operational role within the government, the rule of law, and society.