The goals for an effective total rewards programs are often the same for a global organization. These include enhancing employee motivation, productivity, and engagement.
Your manager, Megan, officially now your mentor, has arranged for you to present your comprehensive reward plan to CapraTek upper management. Successful completion of this assignment will put you on the promotional fast track.
Integrate your job analysis and classification, pay structures, and benefits proposals into a comprehensive compensation structure and prepare a PowerPoint presentation of a comprehensive reward plan for CapraTek upper management. Refer to the resources for guidance on how to use the presentation software.
Structure your 10–12 slide presentation by the sections below:
Overall Strategy and Goals
- Evaluate compensation and benefits components in your plan.
- Articulate the overall strategy.
- Identify legally required benefits in your plan.
- Identify discretionary benefits.
- Argue whether this is a good return on investment.
- Outline specific tactical steps.
- Create a visual representation of strategic pay structures. This could be a table, chart, or diagram.
- Create a visual representation of a strategic benefits structure and propose a timeline for implementation.
- Justify the alignment of external and internal pay structures.
- A strategic pay structure.
- A strategic benefits structure.
- Evaluate the effect of rewards plans on workforce behavior of employees and executives.
- Cite evidence that the plan is internally consistent and externally competitive.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.
You should consider adding this assessment to your personal ePortfolio. This assessment demonstrates your ability to share a design for a compensation system that is consistent internally and externally competitive. This skill is necessary in a professional setting when you are trying to make strategic recommendations. You will want to organize your assessments to easily support future reflection and completion of your HRM capstone project as well as for showcasing your knowledge with employers after graduation. For more information on ePortfolio, visit the Campus ePortfolio page.
The deliverable for this assessment applies professional skills in HRM to workplace situations that you will likely encounter in your day-to-day work in HRM. As part of your learning, focus on the development of effective professional communication skills for the workplace.
- Length: Your PowerPoint presentation should be 10–12 slides. With Speaker Notes no less than 150 words
- Visual: Create a visual representation of strategic pay structures. This could be a table, chart, or diagram.
- Organization: Make sure that your assignment writing is well organized, using headings and subheadings to organize content for the reader.
- Font and font size: Ariel, 28 point.
- Resources: Use two scholarly, peer-reviewed or academic sources.
- Evidence: Support your assertions with data and/or in-text citations and create a reference list as the final slide.
- APA formatting: Resources and in-text citations are formatted according to current APA Style and Format.
- Written communication:
- Address the appropriate audience, using familiar, discipline-specific language and terminology.
- Use spell-check and other tools to ensure correct spelling and grammar.