Step 1: Choose a topic.
· Your task is to create a proposal suggesting a positive change you want to make in an organization in which you operate (military, business, civic, church, family unit, club, etc.). This change can include a structural, technological, or behavioral change. Be creative!
Step 2: Choose a source.
· Choose an article from the CSU Online Library, the Internet, course textbook, or other credible source that can be used to support your ideas.
· Use citations to identify paraphrased or quoted information from your source, and list the source in the reference section in APA style.
· The following are some examples:
o If you are proposing the purchase of a new item or product, then identify the cost of this item in the cost analysis section, include a parenthetical citation, and list the source in the reference section.
o If you want to implement a team building initiative within your organization, then research articles related to team building, and include information from your source to support your ideas in the benefits section.
Step 3: Organize the proposal.
· Use memo style format with to, from, date, and subject at the top of your proposal.
· Include the following headings for each section: o Problem: Introduce your topic in a way that grabs the attention of the reader, and explain in detail the issue or problem you want to change within an organization.
o Solution/Benefits: This section will include your recommendation to bring about a needed change.
§ Describe the benefits of the change to the organization.
§ Identify key stakeholders that will be affected by this change.
§ Discuss how your solution upholds ethical standards, or explain if there any possible ethical dilemmas that could surface.
o Cost Analysis: Provide concrete numbers and explanations of costs associated with your solution. This could be a strategic place to include content from a source to identify costs if purchasing a product. You can also estimate time or resources needed for this change. The purpose of this section is to demonstrate you have researched and considered the costs of implementing your proposal.
o Implementation steps: Provide clear and specific steps to execute your solution.
§ Include a timeframe needed to enact this change if the proposal is approved.
§ Explain potential areas of resistance or barriers that will need to be overcome to implement this change.
§ Describe how you will use technology to communicate this initiative to key stakeholders.
o Conclusion: Summarize your ideas and leave the reader with a strong closing statement. o Reference(s): Use information from a source to support your ideas.
§ List a minimum one (1) credible source in your reference section in APA style.
§ Include APA style citations within your proposal to identify paraphrased or quoted content from your source used to support your ideas.
Your complete project should be a minimum of two pages, not included a reference page. Title page may not be necessary for such a proposal since using memo style format