Reflecting on Personality Trait Theories
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
You have experienced firsthand one or more personality trait assessments this week. Take a moment to recall the assessment(s). Reputable tools like those in the Week 4 Learning Resources are developed based on personality trait theories. Through the readings in the text, you are examining those theories and the contributions of three key theorists: Gordon Allport, Raymond Cattell, and Hans Eysenck. In this Assignment, you will consider personality trait theories applied to your own life, evaluate the effectiveness of personality trait theories in explaining human behavior, and discuss the theorists about whose ideas you feel the strongest.
- Review this week’s Learning Resources on personality trait theories and theorists.
- Review the personality trait assessment you completed for the Discussion and your results, as well as any other assessments you explored.
- Think about how you would apply your assessment results and personality trait theories in your personal and/or professional life. Be prepared to address two specific areas of functioning, such as academic, occupational, social, or others of your choosing.
By Day 7
Submit a 2- to 3-page paper that addresses the following:
- Explain how applying personality trait theories to your assessment results might help you understand yourself and your relationships in two specific areas of functioning (e.g., academic, occupational, social, or others).
- Explain whether you find personality trait theories more effective as an explanation for human behavior than psychoanalytic or humanistic theories, and provide your reasoning.
- Describe personality trait theorists with whom you particularly agree and disagree, and explain your reasoning.
Although this Assignment has elements of a personal reflection, you must demonstrate your understanding of the week’s topics. Be specific and provide examples.
Note: Support the responses within your Assignment with evidence from the assigned Learning Resources. Provide a reference list for resources you used for this Assignment.
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
- Please save your Assignment using the naming convention “WK4Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” as the name.
- Click the Week 4 Assignment Rubric to review the Grading Criteria for the Assignment.
- Click the Week 4 Assignment link. You will also be able to “View Rubric” for grading criteria from this area.
- Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as “WK4Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” and click Open.
- If applicable: From the Plagiarism Tools area, click the checkbox for I agree to submit my paper(s) to the Global Reference Database.
- Click on the Submit button to complete your submission.
To access your rubric:
Week 4 Assignment Rubric
Check Your Assignment Draft for Authenticity
To check your Assignment draft for authenticity:
Submit your Week 4 Assignment draft and review the originality report.
Submit Your Assignment by Day 7
To submit your Assignment:
Week 4 Assignment