This discussion will introduce you to the various learning theory models that inform many aspects of modern psychology.
Learning theories present how the human psyche learns, adapts, and develops to input from the outside world and biological impulse. Consider how aspects of the behavioral perspective of learning have been present in the development of your own habits.
Post an initial response within the Discussion Board area that answers each of the following:
- Describe the behavioral perspective of learning in the field of psychology in your own words.
- Define classical or operant conditioning in your own words.
- Provide at least 1 example from your academic, professional, or personal life of classical or operant conditioning (please include only human experiences).
- Describe how classical or operant conditioning can be applied to a workplace setting.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from reading your classmates’ postings?
- What are some of the differences and similarities that you see between your posting and your classmates’ postings?
- Were you able to relate to your classmates’ examples of classical or operant conditioning? If so, why?
- 200–300 words written as an essay
- 100-word peer responses to at least 2 peers
- Proofread for spelling and grammatical errors
Reading and Learning Materials
Use these resources to help you complete this assignment: