Presentation on Applied managerial concepts
- Step 1: Watch an instructional video on the BI software.
- Step 2: Download the BI software. After you select the link, look for the orange icon in the upper right portion of your screen to begin the download.
Consider the following scenario:
The National Sales meeting is approaching. Each regional sales manager has to do a short presentation for the marketing department that highlights how the consumers in their territory are different from those in the total United States. You are still working with the local regional sales manager. Complete the following:
- Click here to download the reports for the United States. This file contains reports generated from a marketing organization’s Web site. The Web site provides free demographical services where one can choose from a variety of criteria and generate reports based on the U.S. Census data. This particular file contains 4 reports: General Summary, Census Trend 1980 to 2000 Summary, Occupation and Employment Summary, and Income Summary based on the entire United States.
- Click here to download the reports for zip code 60614. This particular file contains 4 reports: General Summary, Census Trend 1980 to 2000 Summary, Occupation and Employment Summary, and Income Summary based on the U.S. zip code 60614.
- Using all 4 demographic reports (General Summary, Census Trend 1980 to 2000 Summary, Occupation and Employment Summary, and Income Summary) for the United States and zip code 60614, prepare a 1-page memo explaining how your territory differs from the national profile. Feel free to note anything that you found surprising in this data.
- Use the business intelligence software to depict information from these reports.
- Prepare a presentation of 5–6 slides of your major findings. You may group a category of data from the Total United States and zip code 60614, and create a graph to show how they differ. The presentation should have at least one graph and a headline that summarizes a key takeaway from the graph. The last page should contain at least 3 questions that you would want answered based on what you’ve seen in this comparison.
Your presentation should include 5–6 slides in PowerPoint, plus title and reference slides with speaker notes (200–250 words per slide).