Play the role of the conventional doctor in one of your peers’ posts and the CAH provider in the second post. How would you answer the questions the patient has? Do you agree of disagree with the course of action your classmate chose? Provide references.
Patient presents himself/herself with a diagnosis of lung cancer. You agree with the doctor diagnosis.
Questions the patient wants to ask the oncologist:
1. What type of lung cancer do I have?
2. Where is the cancer located?
3. Has the cancer spread to any other part of the body?
4. What stage is the cancer? What does that mean?
5. How much experience do you have treating this type of cancer?
6. What are my treatment options?
7. Why do you recommend this treatment?
8. What is the goal of this treatment?
According to the American Cancer Society these are question that a patient would want to ask their oncologist.
Questions the patient may want to ask the Alternative provider.
1. What is your success rate in treatment?
2. Is the treatment safe?
3. If I chose the treatment my oncologist prescribed will alternative care interfere with that treatment?
If the patient has decided to move forward with the advice from his/her oncologist. I would recommend the following treatment.
Acupuncture to reduce anxiety, nausea, pain, depression and over all poor well-being. Aromatherapy using essential oils to reduce stress, depression, pain and nausea. I would use lavender for calmness, jasmine which is up lifting, peppermint for nausea and rosemary to relieve pain and congestion. I would also suggest thyme which has been shown to kill some lung cancer cells. Herbal treatment I would suggest would be astragalus to boost the immune system, reduce tumor growth and prevent new tumors from forming. Silver root to treat the dry cough and reduce inflammation. Licorice root relieve cough and shortness of breath. Poria to reduce fluid retention. Snake needle grass which is believed to kill lung cancer cells. Asparagus root to prevent new cancer cells from forming.
I also encourage the patient to seek a second opinion and would refer them to the Issels Immuno-oncology. This clinic has a tremendous success rate with many types of cancer including lung cancer. The protocols they use are non-toxic and helps restore the body’s immune system.