Questions for Discussion #8 – Fallacies
Find an example of one of the fallacies described in Chapter 1 of the text (pp. 22 – 28). Social media and opinion sites on the Internet are great potential sources.
FOCUS ON CHAPTER 1 PAGE 22-28 AND PPT 10
For your post, share a link to the example that you found, identify the fallacy that you identified, and explain why you think this fallacy has been committed.
Discussion Assignments have the following objectives:
- Identify and describe key concepts presented in textbook reading material, video lectures, and other assigned content.
- Draw connections between assigned content material and practical areas of interest.
- Explore ideas in philosophical depth beyond the presentation of course material.
- Draw connections between philosophical discourse and one’s practical life.
- Engage in respectful philosophical conversation.
- This objective will be measured according to replies posted to other students or to professors.
6. 3 sources of references
When completing discussion assignments, please remember:
- Your main post should take a minimum of 300 words. Explain and support what you say.
- Any sources that you use must – including textbook and video lectures – be cited and referenced responsibly. (APA)
- You should post at least two substantial replies to other participants.
- Please refer to the syllabus and grading rubric for more guidance.