At this point, you’ve organized your HR project team and you are familiar with the importance of leading and managing the project and team. It is now time to plan your project, which happens to be a large and critical part of project management. Project planning tends to be collaborative and integrative in that many factors, such as scope, resourcing, budgeting, and risk, need to be considered.
Write a 5–6 page paper in which you:
- Define and discuss scope and scheduling as they each relate to project management, and provide a statement of importance to your project team so they know the relevance of each task.
- Review the behavioral skills associated with project resourcing listed in the textbook in Section 9.1, and select any four of the skills you consider more critical. Be sure to explain why.
- Explain to the management team and your project team how you have determined the budget associated with project costs. How are costs aggregated? How would you explain determining cash flow for separate activities? Be specific with your responses.
- Discuss at least three ways the project manager is able to identify possible project risks.
- Go to Strayer University Online Library to locate at least three quality academic (peer-reviewed) resources for this assignment.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Review project management tasks and skills, including project scope, scheduling, resourcing, and determining costs and risks.