1. List and briefly identify the seven foundation competencies that are needed by individuals to be successful in most professional and managerial positions.
2. Briefly define the dimensions of individualism and collectivism, and give an example of a country that tends to place an emphasis on each.
3. Identify and briefly describe what is meant by the “Big Five” personality factors.
4. Describe positive emotions and how they affect organizational performance.
5. Define perception and briefly list the basic elements in the perceptual process in the order in which they occur.
6. Explain why accuracy of judgment in person perception is important in the employment interview. Give an example of a common interview error.
7. Differentiate between classical and operant conditioning, and explain the relevance of each to organizational behavior.
8. List and explain the basic dimensions of the social learning theory, and describe how these dimensions are interrelated.
9. Differentiate between deficiency needs and growth needs in Maslow’s hierarchy.
10. Briefly explain the expectancy model of motivation.
11. Explain the role of goals and goal setting in organizations.
12. Identify the reward systems that organizations use to enhance employee performance, and specify
which one is most likely to increase an organization’s profitability.
13. Differentiate between the concept of stress and the concept of stressors.
14. List and provide an example of each of the three main areas in which the effects of work stress may be manifest in people.
15. Briefly identify and explain the relationship between the various approaches available for stress management.