Review at least four of the readings from this week.
Consider how each author uses assumptions and how the human experience is addressed. Select one essay that exemplifies the human experience and explores stereotypes.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word analysis of your chosen paper.
Consider the following questions in your response:
- In what historical environment did the author write this essay? What is his or her purpose of writing this essay? What did the author try to convey by writing this essay?
- What are the human experiences in the essay? Why did the author include these experiences in the essay?
- How did the author address the human experience in the essay? What form did the author use to write the essay: narrative, descriptive, expository, argumentative, or other? Why did the author use this form? Is this form appropriate for this essay? Why?
- Did the essay evoke any significant reactions as you read it? If you were the author writing the same topic of the essay in current times, how would you write it?
- What instances of stereotypes are demonstrated? Why do you believe they are stereotypes?
- What are the assumptions within this essay, for example what does the author assume about the audience? Does the author realize these assumptions exist? Explain your answer.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Submit your assignment.