Read the case study titled “Consolidated Product,” located at the end of Chapter 2 of The Leadership Experience.
Write a 6–8 page paper in which you:
- Describe the leadership style that Ben Samuels exhibited as the plant manager for Consolidated Products. Provide three examples of his leadership actions and behavior. Discuss the pros and cons in each example you describe to support the response.
- Analyze the leadership style that Phil Jones exhibited as he took over to replace Ben. Provide three examples of his leadership actions and behavior, assessing the pros and cons in each example you describe to support the response.
- Compare and contrast the leadership styles of Ben and Phil. Provide three examples of the similarities and differences between these leaders and discuss how each leader might address contemporary leadership issues and challenges in Israel today.
- Discuss what you would do now with Phil, based on his performance. Discuss the pros and cons of your decision.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Determine the most appropriate leadership style in a project environment to manage the project effectively.