Week 3 Discussion: CRJ 180: Juvenile Delinquency And Justice
“Once a Delinquent, Always a Delinquent”
Using what you’ve learned this week, respond to the following prompts in your post:
- The labeling theory emphasizes the significance of society’s response to the criminal, and points to the process through which a person is defined as a criminal as a significant contributory factor in determining future criminality. Using the Internet, examine the career and life of an entertainer that is frequently in the spotlight due to deviant or criminal behavior. (For example, Miles Teller, Robert Downey, Jr., Travis Scott, Chris Soules, Chief Keef, Soulja Boy, Justin Bieber, R. Kelly.) Next, discuss labeling theory and social process theory as it applies to your chosen entertainer. Provide examples that support your response.
- Some criminologists believe that a person is born a criminal. If this was true what should our society do with the “born criminal”? Justify your response.
SCI 115: Introduction To Biology: Wk 3 Discussion
“Energy Sources and Energy for Life”
Note: Online students, please respond to one (1) of the following three (3) bulleted items.
- Discuss three (3) types of energy sources used by cells then provide two (2) examples of when / in what cells / situations your chosen energy sources are used. Next describe two (2) forms of transport within the cell and the specific energy source used in each form of transport.
- The effectiveness of dieting has been debated for years. There are several diets available including Atkins, Zone, Carbohydrate, Weight – Watchers, Jenny Craig, Dukan, Mediterranean, or 22 Day Vegan. Choose two (2) diets that were listed previously then explain four (4) effects each of your selected diets has on one’s energy and overall health including any hazardous effects.
- Review the animation on enzymes found then in your own words define the term enzyme. Next choose one (1) enzyme of your choice then determine its function in the body. In addition, discuss three (3) advantages of having metabolic pathways in the cell and the specific role enzymes play in those processes.