This final report will consist of nine sections:
- Introduction (1 page)
- The introduction should provide an overview of the report and describe its purpose.
Organization’s Mission, Vision, and Values (2-3 page)
- This section will draw largely from the organizational research which was conducted in Module 2.
Current Organizational Need for a PMO (2-3 pages)
- This is where you will make your case for the creation of a PMO. What would be the benefit to the organization of creating a PMO? How would a PMO help the organization meet its goals more efficiently?
Five Industry/Organizational Specific Goals for the PMO (with milestones, etc.) (1-2 pages)
- What 5 specific goals will be met within the first year, the second year, etc.?
- Each goal should be well defined, include milestones, required resources, metrics, and monitoring requirements.
Mission, and Vision of PMO (1 page)
- What is the PMO’s mission? What is the PMO’s vision? How do these align with the organization’s mission and vision?
Process for Establishing and Staffing the PMO (including cost to establish and maintain, timeline) (2 pages)
- How many people will work in the PMO? What will the organizational structure look like? Will you hire from within? What roles will each employee have? How much will it cost to create the PMO (salaries, etc.)?
Organizational Chart with PMO (justification with influences and impacts on business culture, accountability, and responsibility) (2 pages)
- Where will the PMO be housed within the organization? Who will the members of the PMO report to? What is the hierarchy, if any, within the PMO?
- Rationale for the placement of the PMO at the point within the organization is required and should include several outside sources to justify placement.
Recommendation (how the organization should move forward to implement PMO; Include suggested schedule) (2 pages)
- If approved, what are the next steps to implement the PMO?
Conclusion (1 page)
- In summary, what was just presented?
Your proposal should be of business quality, follow the outline, and be ready for presentation to senior leadership. Your recommendations and work should be supported by no fewer than 8 outside sources and follow the APA guidelines for APA formatting and style.