Question (i) (15%, 500 words)
1. Identify the two largest infrastructure assets owned by the infrastructure fund selected from
part (b) over the last 2 financial years. This information available from the annual reports of the
fund or DatAnalysis If the fund only owns one physical asset, such as Sydney Airport, list the
two divisions which contribute the most revenue.
2. (i) Provide some justifications to your selection the fund from the list in (c).
(ii) Identify three potential factors that might influence the performance of this fund over the
next 12 months.
• There are thousand and one events happening in the market every day and financial markets
are closely integrated. The factors you have selected must have a direct impact to the fund of
your choice. Otherwise one could relate the typhoon in Brisbane is set off by the flap of
Butterfly’s wings in Brazil.
Question (ii) (10%, 400 words)
Download their monthly closing prices for the last 37 months (from DatAnalysis or Yahoo!
Using ASX S&P200 as the benchmark of your portfolio’s return, measure the performance of the
return of your portfolio:
1) Calculate excess return of your portfolio.
2) Calculate the absolute tracking error of your portfolio over the period.
3) Discuss your observation from (1) and (2) above.