- Identify an example of an HR policy that was detrimental to an organisation you know well. This should not be a policy for which you were responsible – ideally, it will be a policy that impacted you or people you know as employees of the organisation.
To complete this Key Concept Exercise: By Day 3 (Saturday)
- In approximately 500 words, analyse why the policy you identified might have been ineffective. Consider alignment with business strategy, alignment with organisational culture, implementation issues or other issues.
- In formulating your Key Concept Exercise, consider the following questions:
- Was the policy detrimental to the staff as well as the business, or did it favour one over the other?
- Was the policy implemented as it was intended, or was something ‘lost in translation’?
- Would the policy have been more effective in an organisation with a different type of culture?
- Would the policy have been more effective in an organisation with different business goals or strategy?