Each learning team member must select a different type of health care organization to study for the purpose of this group assignment. You are encouraged to select a different type of organization from the one chosen in the Week Three individual assignment but it’s not necessary. Group members compare their chosen organizations to complete the table and paper.
Complete the Organizational Performance Management Table.
Consider the following:
- The main regulatory and accreditation standards that apply to each type of organization and standards that apply broadly to most or all types of health care organizations
- The influence of regulatory and accreditation standards on performance-management systems
- How the performance-management systems affect risk and quality management in each type of organization
- Key areas in the organization that will have direct responsibility for carrying out the day-to-day responsibilities associated with the regulations or standards
- Other areas in the organization that will be indirectly affected by the regulations or standards
- What oversight activities you could use to ensure that the regulatory and accreditation requirements are being implemented and are achieving the desired results
Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word paper in which you:
- Address the similarities and differences among the types of organizations.
- Propose how each organization will monitor performance, achieve regulatory and accreditation compliance, and improve overall organizational performance.
- Describe ways each organization will communicate with leadership to ensure alignment of organizational goals and gain buy-in from staff to achieve compliance with the standards and requirements issued by regulatory and accreditation bodies.
- Determine how compliance with the regulations and development of risk- and quality-management systems for each type of organization contribute to the organization’s overall performance-management system.
Cite at least 4 sources, three from the University Library and one from either the course textbooks or this week’s Electronic Reserve Readings. Prepare a list of all resources used in your research.
Include the Organizational Performance Management Table as an appendix to the paper.
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.