This week we are discussing the topic of ethics and morality when it comes to human sexuality. With that in mind, please choose one of these three topics: Prostitution, Sex Trafficking, or Pornography which many consider a moral issue.
Read the required reading: Ethical Decision Making and then apply the Ethical Problem Solving Model to your topic answering the 5 questions. Please see the model outlined below.
Ethical Problem Solving Model MAX 250 WORDS
Answer the five questions when trying to resolve a moral issue:
- What benefits and what harms will each course of action produce, and which alternative will lead to the best overall consequences?
- What moral rights do the affected parties have, and which course of action best respects those rights?
- Which course of action treats everyone the same, except where there is a morally justifiable reason not to, and does not show favoritism or discrimination?
- Which course of action advances the common good?
- Which course of action develops moral virtues?
Remember that all situations are unique and not one set of rules applies in all cases. (Velasquez, Andre, Shanks, & Meyer, 2015)
Manuel Velasquez, Claire Andre,Thomas Shanks, S.J., and Michael J. Meyer . (2015, Aug 1) Thinking Ethically. Santa Clara University-Markkula Center for Applied Ethics. Retrieved from https://www.scu.edu/ethics/ethics-resources/ethical-decision-making/thinking-ethically/