In this assignment, you will produce a conceptual design specification report for the
attached case using several design techniques. Note that this is an individual, not a
group, assignment.
There are three deliverables required:
1. an initial draft of a design specification report containing a narrative overview
(Assignment 2A);
2. an initial draft of the complete design specification report (referred to as
Assignment 2B); and
3. the final complete design specification report (referred to as Assignment 2C).
The purpose of the assignment is to simulate a proper systems design consulting project
where you, as the designer, will need to work with the client to identify and elicit design
requirements. In addition to the included case text below, if you require further
information, you can ask further clarification from your tutor during the tutorial,
consultation times and on the Assignment 2 discussion forum on Moodle.
Document Preview:

Faculty of Information Technology FIT9130 Systems Analysis and Design Assignment Two Semester 2, 2018 You should read this assignment specification carefully. It outlines what you need to do, what you need to submit, and how your submission will be assessed. 1 Assignment Overview In this assignment, you will produce a conceptual design specification report for the attached case using several design techniques. Note that this is an individual, not a group, assignment. There are three deliverables required: 1. an initial draft of a design specification report containing a narrative overview (Assignment 2A); 2. an initial draft of the complete design specification report (referred to as Assignment 2B); and 3. the final complete design specification report (referred to as Assignment 2C). The purpose of the assignment is to simulate a proper systems design consulting project where you, as the designer, will need to work with the client to identify and elicit design requirements. In addition to the included case text below, if you require further information, you can ask further clarification from your tutor during the tutorial, consultation times and on the Assignment 2 discussion forum on Moodle. 2 Assignment Due Dates thAssignment 2A – 11.30pm Sunday, Week 5 (26 August 2018) thAssignment 2B – 4pm Friday, Week 8 (14 September 2018) thAssignment 2C – 4pm Friday, Week 12 (19 October 2018) Note: Submission times are for the time zone at Caulfield (Australian Eastern Standard Time). 3 Assignment Value • Assignment 2A: 5% of your overall grade • Assignment 2B: 15% of your overall grade • Assignment 2C: 20% of your overall grade Collectively, the entire assignment is worth 40% of your overall grade for FIT9130. 4 Learning Objectives Successful completion of this assignment will lead to knowledge of and skills in: • techniques for functional analysis of a business problem; • communicating an understanding of a design problem, as well as…

Attachments:

FIT9130-Assig….pdfIntroductory-….docx