Urban and rural health care organizations throughout the industry are working together to coordinate care for Medicare patients. Accountable Care Organization (ACO) programs were established by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services to help facilitate this cooperation.
Select a type of health care organization that would accept Medicare patients (e.g., family practice, hospital, urgent care, or nursing home).
Write a 700- to 1,050-word executive summary that discusses the purpose of joining an ACO and the funding available through one. Ensure your summary does the following:
- Describe the organization you selected and the general services that would be offered to Medicare patients.
- Describe the types of ACOs recognized by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
- Evaluate industry dynamics that would influence your organization’s decision to participate in an ACO.
- Identify the steps needed to participate in an ACO.
- Justify participation in an ACO for your organization.
Cite 3 reputable references to support your assignment (e.g., trade or industry publications, government or agency websites, scholarly works, or other sources of similar quality).
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.