Essay POS 2041
You must write an essay (500 words minimum) in which you address the following two questions or topics:
- Identify the most important Supreme Court cases and executive actions and their impact on law and on our society.
The history of the United States has been marked by the progressive expansion of voting rights and the protection of its citizens through legislation and Supreme Court decisions. At the same time, executive orders, particularly in periods of crisis led to the violation of individual rights. Throughout this module these issues are covered. In chapters 3 and 4 you will find the information you need to answer this question. You are also encouraged to visit the following websites for further details.
- Supreme Court Landmarks – http://www.uscourts.gov/about-federal-courts/educational-resources/supreme-court-landmarks
- 15 Supreme Court Cases that Changed America – https://www.cnn.com/2012/10/10/justice/landmark-scotus-cases/index.html
- Executive Orders – https://learningenglish.voanews.com/a/history-of-us-executive-orders/3695242.html
- NAACP was instrumental in the landmark case of Brown v Board of Education. Visit the web site to find information on the case that led to desegregation.
Instructions on Writing Your Essay:
All essays must be written using proper English grammar, punctuation, and spelling. Four (4) points will be deducted for each spelling, grammatical, and/or punctuation error. Work that contains more than five (5) spelling, grammatical, and/or punctuation errors; or work that does not meet the minimum number of words required will receive a grade of F (No points).
Essays are automatically submitted to SafeAssign. Work that SafeAssign identifies as having more than a 10% rate of similarity (plariarism) after quoted material and small matches (10 words or less) are excluded will not be read and will received a grade of F (No points).