Data Tables and Post-Lab Questions
1. Label the arrows in the slide image (located on the follow page) with the appropriate stage of the cell cycle.
2. What stage were most of the onion root tip cells in? Does this make sense?
3. As a cell grows, what happens to its surface area: volume ratio? (Hint: Think of a balloon being blown up). How does this ratio change with respect to cell division?
4. What is the function of mitosis in a cell that is about to divide?
5. What would happen if mitosis were uncontrolled?
6. How accurate were your time predication for each stage of the cell cycle?
7. Discuss one observation that you found interesting while looking at the onion root tip cells.