Speech Assignment (WE WILL NOT BE SUBMITTING AUDIO)
Communication is used to inform, to persuade and to analyze. In this assignment, you will write a speech that provides your audience information about a topic. Your presentation will be submitted in the form of a Power Point presentation. Your speech should be a minimum of 1000 words long, including the total from the Power Point slides, and either the text of your speech in the Notes section of Power Point, OR in an audio recording that you attach.
Recording your speech is optional.
Your speech should include an introduction which identifies your main point, a body in which you provide support for your main point, and a conclusion that wraps up your presentation and says something about the significance of what you’ve presented, just as you would do in a paper.
- PURPOSE: To inform
- LENGTH: 1,000 words or a speech that lasts 8 minutes
- AUDIENCE: A general audience of people interested in the topic, peers in the classroom
- SOURCES: Total of 3, with 1-2 from the Library and 1-2 from discipline specific websites
- FORMAT: The citation style that is appropriate for your discipline and is appropriate for a speech
- DUE: In ASSIGNMENTS by SUNDAY 11:55 pm EST of Week 3
- SUBMIT: Submit your speech by uploading your Power Point file to the Assignments tab
**Remember that all work submitted is to be your own original work except where properly acknowledged and cited. Do not reuse work, papers, or speeches from previous (or concurrent) classes as this violates APUS academic integrity policies. (Make sure to note the section on self-plagiarism.) **