PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ALSO DO THE FORM TO CAPURE DATA WHEN THE EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT REGISTRATION SYSTEM IS NOT AVAILABLE
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapter 20 in Health Informatics: An Interprofessional Approach.
Read the Emergency Department Downtime case study found at the end of Chapter 20 in Health Informatics: An Interprofessional Approach. Answer the questions posed in the course textbook. In addition, design a form for capturing data when the Emergency Department registration system is not available.
For this assignment, you will be using Microsoft Word drawing functions in order to construct the data form. If you need assistance with using Microsoft products, you can review Microsoft’s Office Help & Training (Links to an external site.) web page.
Your case study must include
- A minimum of 20 data elements which comprise a data dictionary outlining the following fields for each data element:
- Data field name
- Field format (alpha, numeric or alpha numeric)
- Number of characters in the field
- Source of information
- Example of the content
- A memorandum to the end users written as though you were the IT Department in the case.
- A picture that plots the downtime components discussed in the case:
- Time of day/number of users
- IT infrastructure affected
- System criticality
- Planned versus unplanned
- Health system complexity
- Communication: Amount required and are communication methods affected?
- Ability to recover
The Case Study Paper
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.