Complete the following project for week 2. Please include your name, class number, and assignment number on your paper. Follow APA formatting standards, especially for citations and references.
Assignment: Using Security Policies and Controls to Overcome Business Challenges
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
♣ You will understand the importance of information security policies and the role they play in business activities to ensure sound, secure information.
♣ You will identify four IT security controls for a given scenario.
♣ The organization is a regional XYZ Credit Union/Bank that has multiple branches and locations throughout the region.
♣ Online banking and use of the Internet are the bank’s strengths, given limited its human resources.
♣ The customer service department is the organization’s most critical business function.
♣ The organization wants to be in compliance with Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) and IT security best practices regarding its employees.
♣ The organization wants to monitor and control use of the Internet by implementing content filtering.
♣ The organization wants to eliminate personal use of organization-owned IT assets and systems.
♣ The organization wants to monitor and control use of the e-mail system by implementing e-mail security controls.
♣ The organization wants to implement this policy for all the IT assets it owns and to incorporate this policy review into an annual security awareness training program.
1. Summarize potential risks and liabilities with this scenario.
2. Discuss the following IT policies and the level of protection each policy provides in the context of your assigned scenario:
• Internet use policy
• External device use policy
• Employee identity (ID) policy
• Computer use policy
How would each policy help the situation described in your assigned scenario? How might each policy hinder the situation described in your assigned scenario?
3. Summarize your policy recommendations for this organization. This should not include any technical guidelines; only the policies you recommend they implement. Include their potential benefits and costs.
Your writing must be in English with proper attention to formatting, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.