E-Portfolio (20 points) – Outcome 1 – July 6
This e-portfolio assessment is designed to be used as both a learning tool and as a professional portfolio that you can include in your resume or applications for jobs. Hopefully, you began developing your portfolio ideas during Week 3, even though it is not due until Week 8. In this assignment, you are asked to reflect on your learning in our class.
There are two distinct parts to this assignment. The first is your reflective ideas about your learning of the four-course goals. The second is the actual creation of the E-portfolio on the Google Site.
(The Google template is highly recommended, but if you wish you can use another template or another site for your portfolio just be sure it offers the full capability as Google)
Look at some samples:
The four course outcomes for HRMN 302 are:
- Apply appropriate communication media and methods to various situational needs in organizational settings.
- Apply communication theories to organizational communication challenges.
- Recognize and respond constructively to cultural differences in communication.
- Analyze and assess the communication dynamics of an organization through the completion of a communication audit.
Once your portfolio site is created, follow the specific instructions blow:
Begin with an Introduction page, develop at least one page for each of the outcomes. Be sure to include an APA compliant reference page at the end, and remember that APA requires there to be citations for every reference listed on the reference list and a reference for every citations in the text.
You will have a minimum of not less than 5 full pages, but may need more.
On each outcome page:
- Provide the specific course outcome you’ve selected.
- Explain in in 1 or more pages and in your own words using 1 to 2 or more paragraphs how each outcome relates to what you have learned in class.
- Post one artifact/example (either video, paper, chart, or any type of file you wish to use) for each outcome that demonstrates your mastery of each outcome. NOTE: the artifacts/examples do not have to be newly created. You can use work you’ve developed previously.
- Explain, in detailed sentences and approx. 2-3 paragraphs how each artifact relates to each of the 4 course outcomes reflecting on how you can use this learning in your future life or career
To Submit Your E-Portfolio for Grading:
Copy and paste your E-Portfolio URL into a word document. Then post the word document to the assignment folder Communication Skills- E Portfolio and adding the attachments.
Note: all of the URL links were tested and worked. If, for some reason, you have problems opening any of them, first try to copy and paste the URL in a new window. If the problem continues please contact Tech Support.