Prior to the financial recession in the late 2000s, some companies built up significant cash balances. Since that time some companies have continued to increase their cash and liquid investment balances and a discussion followed over the value of accumulating large cash balances. Research the topic and answer the following questions in your write-up. Use the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission website to find resources to support your statements.
In your paper,
- Analyze the advantages and disadvantages of having a large cash balance.
- Identify two companies with sizable amounts of cash and liquid investments on their balance sheets.
- Explain why a company would continue to increase their cash and liquid investment balances.
- Support your statements by citing at least three credible resources in addition to the course text.
The Cash Balances: Company Analysis assignment
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted