Case 16: Apollo Hotel (Textbook page: 609)
Guideline and Suggestions
- Please read the “General Guideline to Solving Case Studies” before start, as posted on the Blackboard.
- Read the case twice: once from top to down; second, by focusing on each statement
- When you analyze the case, think professionally. You better review the related chapter(s).
- Provide complete and appropriate response for each question (not less, not much)
- Please use the framework as provided below (second page)
- Using bullet points is the best style
The format of the assignment
- Length: Maximum 2 pages (remember: the content is more important than no of pages)
- 1.5 space, with Arial or Times New Roman, 11 fonts
- Margins: 1. inch from left & right, 0.5 inch top & bottom
Assignments will be evaluated in terms content with an emphasis on originality, analysis, completeness of the information, organization of your ideas, appropriate, conciseness, and clarity.
Copy-and-paste the questions to an MS Word document in order to answer them.
1. What recommendations would you offer to Ryan to:
a. Increase occupancy
b. Improve REVPAR
c. Improve Operations
2. What would you do to further increase the level of personal responsibility that Ryan developed among employees? (seeking your opinion based on the facts given in the case)
3. Do you believe that employees should be cross-trained to do many tasks in a hotel? Does this alienate applicants who might otherwise be good employees?
4. Should Ryan hire an ad agency to help position and market the hotel?