After reading Business Etiquette throughout the Organization, explain, through your own experience, why it is important to use the communication practices the author has described. In your response, address the following:
- Describe which of the top 10 “dos and don’ts” is most challenging for you.
- Explain why it would be important for you to improve any areas that you deem challenging, based on importance of effective business communications.
- Describe the benefits and include a minimum of one scholarly and/or credible source to support your response.
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read Chapter 4, Chapter 5, and Chapter 6 from your textbook; the Week 2 Weekly Lecture; and Types of Writing (Links to an external site.). Then pick the type of writing relevant to your needs.
Are you sure that readers perceive your written message as you intended it? If you want help revising a message you are writing, use Types of Writing (Links to an external site.). This section of the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center can help you make a document that communicates to your audience clearly. It provides tips and examples for several formal documents, and position papers for business and academic environments. In your response, address the following:
- Explain the appropriate times to use first person and when to use third person, according to Types of Writing.
- Describe the three elements of “Academic Voice” and how you will incorporate these elements into your academic writing.
- Describe the goal of research writing and why it is important to “follow the evidence” and use the evidence to draw conclusions