Hide Assignment InformationInstructions
Your project must be submitted as a Word document (.docx, .doc). Your project will be individually graded by your instructor and therefore may take up to five to seven days to grade.
Be sure that each of your files contains the following information:
- Your name
- Your student ID number
- The exam number
- Your email address
To successfully complete this course, you must write a research essay based on information found in your textbook, Psychology and Your Life, by Robert S. Feldman, and three outside sources. You’ll choose one of the three topics below and write an essay of six complete paragraphs for or against the question being asked. After presenting both sides of the debate, you’ll make three claims to support your thesis and convince the reader why your opinion is correct.
- Media Violence: Does media violence cause violent behavior?
- Eyewitness Testimony: Is eyewitness testimony reliable in the court of law?
- The Opioid Epidemic: Are doctors who overprescribe narcotic pain medication causing the opioid epidemic?
Note: You’re to select only one topic for your paper.
Your essay must include the following:
- A title page
- Introduction paragraph and thesis statement
- Topic background paragraph that presents both sides of the debate
- Body consisting of three claim paragraphs and supporting evidence
- Conclusion paragraph
- APA style reference page
The Title Page
The first page of your essay will be the title page. Provide the following information:
- The title of your research essay
- Your name and student ID
- “C04V: Introduction to Psychology”
- Exam number
- Current date
Format your essay following American Psychological Association (APA) style using 12 pt. Times New Roman font. Set your paragraph line spacing to 2.0, double-spacing. Use 1 inch margins. Include a header with a shortened title in ALL CAPS on the left and the page number on the right. In-text citations and the reference page must be in APA style. On this page list websites, journals, and all other references used in preparing the submission. Also include a cover page and in-text citations. For assistance with this project and APA in-text citations and references, please see the Biology page in the Virtual Library.
Remember that grammar counts! Be sure to reread, revise and proofread your essay for polished English grammar, spelling, capitalization, spacing, and mechanics.