This week, you will first interview an HR professional within your current or other local organization. During this interview, be sure to identify a current organizational issue(s) and how your HR team would approach implementing, monitoring, and evaluating a new policy within an effort to address the identified issue/concern. Key questions to help guide your interview (for consideration) are listed below:
- Which activities are required to design and implement new policies?
- Who is part of the policymaking team?
- What input (if any) is derived from department employees. Explain why this is important or not important.
- How are policies monitored?
- How are policies evaluated to ensure the intent they were designed for is being met?
With the results of your interview, consider the key aspects of decisions made regarding this newly-created policy, how it was implemented, monitored, and evaluated.
Prepare a PowerPoint presentation that illustrates your findings.
The key premise is to understand the way policies are presented, implemented and evaluated within an organization. Is this a heads up to your culminating Signature Assignment (due in Week 8).
Length: 10-12 slides, not including title and reference slides
Notes Length: 150-200 words per slide
References: Include a minimum of 3 scholarly resources.
Your presentation should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.